I am so bored

Article: 7363 of alt.hackers
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
From: dogan@ceng.metu.edu.tr
Subject: I am so bored
Sender: news@liberty.uc.wlu.edu (CNEWS Userid)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 09:22:10 GMT

Hi,
	As one can see from the subject line, I am very much bored. One frdiday
night sitting by myself, I decided to turn on and off the loghts f my pc.
The Capslock,numlock,.. : yeah the three lights on the keyboard.

		After some soul searching in Peter Norton's Guide (old book)
		I found
the address of the location; after that I have looked up the assembly
instructions ( been a lot of time since I programmed  in assembly)
Well only one problem I have no assembler, then remembered that I have
TC++ .

	Found that I can embed inline assembly code, into my c code.
Anyway after trying a few combinations of move instruction , I found
the right code piece. I wrote the program , now the only problem is
that they light up between 2 and 3 seconds interval. I can not make
them light with a delay of 50 ms which gave me nothing but a headache.
They do not light up fast enough so I put an interrupt call to check
for keyboard status between the toggles.  Then tried the delay for 50ms
; it worked.  Anyway why did I post it ?.  Simple I am bored now.

ObVeryVeryCheapHack: Read the first 512 bytes of the harddisk and save
it to a file and name it with an end com (talking about MSDOS). Run the
program

Child Child

Back to index