Re: IMPORTANT OPPORTUNITY

Article: 7499 of alt.hackers
From: hsulliva@nermal.santarosa.edu (Tristessa)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT OPPORTUNITY
Date: 9 Mar 1995 18:39:38 GMT

One day, Mark Haythorn <HAYTHORN@ix.netcom.com> spake unto the masses:

> From: HAYTHORN@ix.netcom.com (Mark Haythorn)
> Sender: news@dorite.use.com (News Admin)

Oh, this is just fucking hilarious..  Please, spare us your shite scams, and
learn to forge posts better.

ObHack:  <thump><thump> ..is this thing on?  Just checking.
Uhm... Being in
a small band in the area, I do a lot of moving around of my equipment.  One
day, sometime last week, my guitar<->amp cord got caught in the door as I
was closing it to go to practice.  VW van, sliding door, very messy.  Not
having the time or money to drive the 30+ miles needed to buy a new cord, I
waited until I got to the place we rehearse, and rigged the plugs from the
old cord onto a piece of big orange outdoor extension cord.  Worked fine, as
long as I didn't mind playing along to a radio station in the area.

: PLEASE LISTEN BEFOR YOU START FLAMING ME AND GET IGNORED SEVERLY. I
: THOUGHT THESE THINGS WERE SCAMS ALSO BUT IN THE LAST WEEK I RECIEVED
: $50,000 IN THE MAIL FROM PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD. i DON'T KNOW ABOUT
: PYRAMID SCHEMES OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT BUT I DO KNOW I MADE $50,000 AND
: ALL I GAVE WAS 5. I WANT OTHER PEOPLE TO JOIN IN MY GOOD FORTUNE!!!

: INSTRUCTIONS

: Follow these instructions EXACTLY, and in 20 to 60 days you will have
: received over 50,000.00 dollars IN CASH.

: [1]  Immediately mail $1.00 to the first 5 names listed below, starting
: at number 1 through number 5.SEND CASH ONLY. (Total investment: $5.00)
: Enclose a note with each letter stating: "Please add my name to your
: mailing list".  Include your name andmailing address. (This is a
: legitimate service that you are requesting and you are
: paying $1.00 for this service.)

: [2]  Remove the name that appears as number 1 on the list.  Move the
: other 9 names up one position (Number 2 becomes number 1, number 3
: becomes number 2, and so on).  Place your name, address, and zip
: code in the number 10 position.

: [3]  With your name in the number 10 position, upload this ENTIRE file
: to 15 (Fifteen) different bulletin boards.  You may post it to the
: BBS's message base or to the file section.  Name it FASTCASH.TXT,
: and use the file description comments to draw attention to this
: file and its great potential for all of us.

: [4]  Within 60 days you will receive over $50,000.00 in CASH.

: Keep a copy of this file for yourself so that you can use it again and
: again whenevet you need money.  As soon as you mail out these letters
: you are automatically in the mail order business.  People will be
: sending YOU $1.00 to be placed on your mailing list. This list can then
: be rented to a broker that can be found in your local yellow pages
: listings for additional income on a regular basis.

: The list will become more valuable as it grows in size.

: This is a service.  **  IT IS PERFECTLY LEGAL  ** If you have any doubts
: as to the legality of this service, please refer to Title 18,hSections
: 1302 and 1341 of the Postal Lottery Laws.

: NOTE:  Make sure that you retain EVERY name and address sent to you,
: either on computer or hard copy, but do not discard the names and
: notes that people send to you.  This is PROOF that you are truly
: providing a service, and should the I.R.S. or some other government
: agency question you, you can provide them with this proof!

: Remember, as each post is downloaded and the instructions carefully
: followed, five members will be reimbursed for thier participation as
: List Developer with $1.00 each.  Your name will move up the list
: geometrically so that when your name reaches the number 5 position you
: will be receiving thousands of dollars in cash. REMEMBER  -  THIS
: PROGRAM FAILS ONLY IF YOU ARE NOT HONEST  -  PLEASE!!
: PLEASE BE HONORABLE...IT DOES WORK!  THANK YOU.

: 1.  Todd Saltzman    9793 W. Maryland Dr     Lakewood, CO  80439
: 2.  David Landy      140 Cadman Plaza West apt #22J Brooklyn, N.Y.
:    11201
: 3.  Mark Haythorn     70 Burnet Rd.           Madison, NJ  07940
: 4.  Brenda Benzer     PO Box 1084             Austin, TX   78767
: 5.  Corine Yonkers    5401 Avenue F           Austin, TX  78751
: 6.  Erik Price        P.O. Box 203443         Jollyville TX  78720-3443
: 7.  Ron Boutwell      1427 W. 86th St., #109, Indianapolis, IN 46260
: 8.  Jose Jimanez      2355 Murray Hill Rd. #440H  Cleveland, Oh 44106
: 9.  Marty LaJoy       2355 Murray Hill Rd. #440D  Cleveland, OH 44106
: 10. Haris Sarantis    5352 Appian Way         Long Beach, CA 90803

: The following letter was written by a participating member in this
: program.

: To those with the COMMON sense to participate in this easy money
: opportunity: About six months ago I received the enclosed post in letter
: form.  I ignored it.  I received about five more of the same letter
: within the next two week.  I ignored them also.  Of course, I was
: tempted to follow through and dreamed of making thousands, but I was
: convinced it was just another gimmick and could not possibly work.
:  I was wrong!  About three weeks later I saw this same letter posted on
: a local bulletin board in Montreal.  I liked the idea of giving it a try
: with my computer.  I didn't expect much because I figured, if other
: people were as skeptical as I, they would not be too quick to part with
: $5.00.  But, I BUY LOTTERY TICKETS WEEKLY IN MY PROVINCE AND HAVE
: NOTHING TOO SHOW FOR IT BUT TICKET STUBS!  This week I decided to
: look at this as my weekly lottery purchase.  I addressed the envelopes
: and mailed out $1.00 in each as directed. Two weeks went by and I didn't
: receive anything in the mail.  The fourth week rolled around and I
: couldn't believe what happened!  I can not say that I received
: $50,000.00, but it was definitely well over $35,000.00!  For the first
: time in 10 years I got out of debt.  It was great.  Of course, it did
: not take me long to go through my earnings, so I am using this excellent
: money making opportunity once again.  FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND GET
: READY TO ENJOY!  Please send a copy of this letter along with the
: enclosed letter so together we can convince people who are skeptical
: that this really does work!

--
} Tristessa           I All the love is wrapped in angels in the light     {

gone

Back to index