Snow free editing for VHS without flying erase heads

Article: 7690 of alt.hackers
From: afelson@rainbow.rmii.com (Adam Felson)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Snow free editing for VHS without flying erase heads
Date: 20 Apr 1995 13:05:29 GMT

I have a trick for eliminating snow when recording a show right after a
previously recorded one.  Salespeople would have you think that you need
a deck w/ flying erase heads, but this trick gets around that. It has
worked for every vcr I've owned so far.

Play old show right up to end where you want cut to be.
Put deck in pause mode.
While deck is still paused, go directly to record.
Release pause mode.

On my current deck ( a cheapie $250 RCA hifi ), there isn't a record
button on either the remove or front panel, only timed record.  However,
the universal remote on my tv has a plain record button.

Child

Back to index