assignment hack

Article: 7841 of alt.hackers
From: etlpml@etlxd30.ericsson.se (Paul Mitchell (XD/DZ))
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: assignment hack
Date: 19 May 1995 12:55:02 GMT

obhack:
Had to write a program for class that wrote nocely formatted text to a file
however being fortran I couldnt in the time allowed get the format statements
right. The idea was the lecturer would inspect the text file created and check
it contained the formatted text required to pass the assignment. He had told
us that the file should be called a particular name so he could find it
to check.
The hack was to pipe the output to another file but create the file required in
a nice text editor where it is a lot easier to format text than by using
a fortran
program! Lecturer checks the manually created file thinking its been created by
my program, sees the nicely formatted text and gives me an A.

cheers
mitch....

--
These are not the opinions/ideas of Ericssons PLC
Paul Mitchell,       Ericssons Telecommunications

Back to index