Re: Need help with Internet

Article: 8873 of alt.hackers
From: ldaffner@news.eng.convex.com (Larry Daffner)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers,alt.religion.kibology,alt.fan.the-bob
Subject: Re: Need help with Internet
Date: 17 Oct 1995 14:30:33 -0500

In <45uh81$m9b@taco.cc.ncsu.edu> asdamick@unity.ncsu.edu (Andrew
S. Damick) writes:

>I am a beginning Internet user, and wish to know how to hack.  I've been
>told a great deal about it, and have read plenty of news stories on the
>subject, and, although I know it is usually illegal, I would like some
>assistance, especially in the area of covering one's tracks, like in the
>recent movie "The Net," a movie which, IMO, did a lot for good
press on
>the Internet, thought not nearly as comprehensive as that of TIME
>magazine.

you misspelled "be a k00l wannabe lamer" as "hack"

A clue: Read the f*cking manual! There is a FAQ posted here weekly
which explains what hacking is all about. It is NOT the lame cracker
type stuff you describe above. Come back when you grow up.

ObHack:
I was installing a fan in my new DX4-100 yesterday, and the way the
power connector was made, it wouldn't fit on the system power
connector properly. So, I removed the offending pin (fortunately not
one of the ones the fan taps power off of) from the fan-side plug, and
it fit together and my fan worked.

-Larry

--
Larry Daffner - Software Engineer | email: ldaffner@convex.com               |
Convex Computer Corporation       | tel: (214)497-4274 / home: (214)380-4382 |

gone

Back to index