Re: ports?

Article: 8545 of alt.hackers
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
From: slong@netcom.com (Sean A. Long)
Subject: Re: ports?
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 1995 05:00:29 GMT
Sender: slong@netcom19.netcom.com

Nathan Fisher (FISHERN3485@COBRA.UNI.EDU) wrote:
: Just curious what the common ports were... mail, news, telnet, ftp, finger,
: all that.

Try /etc/services or something like that on any *nix box.

ObWARPhacksorta:  It took me 8 hours to install warp on my new ZEOS
pantera (not zeos's fault, IBM didn't include damn atapi cdrom drivers
and I had to go fishing for them at 2am), and during the install my chair
back broke and the air conditioning broke. I wasn't going to let an IBM
product beat me (I've installed linux on a hacked together 486DLC, I can
certainly install a shrink-wrapped OS ;) So I pulled my shirt off,
snugged it down over the broken back of the chair, and stayed cool while
the shirt held the chair together.

Sean Long
CK: suck

--