November 11 2011
Because of a very very generous donation from Nicholas Bamber, I was
able to release MaraDNS 1.4.07 today. This is MaraDNS 1.4.06 with six
different bug fixes backported from MaraDNS 2.0:
- A typo fix for fetchzone
- AXFR-over-UDP packets are now correctly marked "truncated"
- It is now possible to have the '/' in hostnames
- Fix for Debian bug #607739: Hostname shown when complaining about DDIP
- AngelD's issue with zone transfers when there are a lot of FQDN4 records
- Karim's issue with '/read' directive fixed
Please note that this is a legacy version of MaraDNS
and is only
for users of MaraDNS 1.x who are not ready to update to MaraDNS 2.0 yet.
It can be downloaded here:
Because of Nicholas' generous donation, I also plan to make a Deadwood
3.1 branch which will fully utilize caching of dangling CNAME records.
Fixing this issue with Deadwood will help Deadwood more quickly resolve
names in "Akamai hell" -- names which require chasing a lot of CNAME
records to resolve.
To post a comment about an entry, send me an email and I may or may
not post your comment (with or without editing)