Support this website or
listen to my music
Scroll down for downloads
ObHack is my name for some modifications Fritz and myself have made to Oblige, a random map generator
for the original Doom, Doom 2, and Heretic. It is name thusly because it
is a hacked Oblige, and as a tribute to the ObHacks posted to the
once-great Usenet newsgroup alt.hackers.
ObHack is a fork of version 2 of Oblige (Oblige 0.81-0.97). It has
the following features that Oblige2 does not have:
- Real secret areas that take work to find
- Improved random number generator which allows arbitrary English or
Spanish text to be the seed, resulting in a nearly infinite number
of possible seeds
- New modes: Single Player + Deathmatch, Deathmatch without exits, and
Capture the Flag
- Progressive level size: Levels get bigger as one gets to higher levels
in the wad
- Enclosures and variable room sizes
- Adjustable light level
- Tiny and gigantic level sizes
- Option to have swarms or even more monsters
- Monster traps are back (removed in Oblige 0.94)
- Boss levels now have boss monsters in them
- Choice of player starting weapon
- More texture packs, including contributions from Mr. Chris
- Deathmatch starts in single player maps
- Support for Blasphemer 0.1
- And other features not listed here
ObHack has not been updated since 2017; here is a currently maintained
Doom random map generator:
Download my version
The most current version is 008.3, released by myself on July 1, 2017.
Full source code
FreeDoom 0.7 with
both FreeDoom and ObHack-generated maps (7-zip file;
Updated 7-zip file)
Since I am a single parent, I can not make many updates to this program.
Download Fritz’s version
Fritz’s most current version is 007.4, released by Fritz on
December 10, 2012.
Windows 7zip file
Full source code
The place for ObHack support is here:
Please do not send me a private message asking for support; if you do,
I will refer you to the forum.
Older releases of ObHack (and SLUMP) can be seen here
Here is a
local mirror of all Oblige releases
There is also version 1.8.6 of the Doomsday/Dengine
engine for playing Doom.
Please note that this version of Doomsday does not work with newer
(post-0.7) releases of FreeDoom.
Be aware that I do not provide any support for Deng 1.8.6 besides
having a download; people who want a supported version of Doomsday
should go the the Doomsday website and
download the latest version there.
Deng-1.8.6 source code
Deng-1.8.6 Windows installer