New harddisk

Article: 7462 of alt.hackers
From: sandor@laura.xs4all.nl (Sandor Rabe)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: New harddisk
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 1995 00:27:00 GMT+1

Straight_To_The_Obhack: Installing a new  harddisk in my computer.
First of all: I didn't have any  documentation on my old harddisk,
a 170MB conner,  and barely any on my new quantum, so I had to try
all jumper options (IDE :( ) before the second harddisk was actua-
lly falling into it's slave role  and the old one became master. I
mean, it  _was_ a cheap buy but hey,  isn't two pieces of  xeroxed
info a little too cheap? :) Anyway I got both drives recognized by
my computer. Next thing was making DOS believe it really was 730MB
and not  503 as it kept argueing :) I finally managed with a Linux
bootflop  and mounting /dev/hdb  to create a true 730MB primary on
it. Thank god for Linux, a  little less braindead then DOG or OS/2
when it comes to recognizing your hardware. Anyway,  now I'm going
to test it under DOG for a few days and when it performes reliably
I'm going to reinstall  Linux on it, giving it a little more  then
it's previous 50MB disksize :)

Grtzzzzzzzzz Sandor Rabe

-----
    GO  d-- H+ s-:- !g p? !au>--- !a w+ v+++ C++>++++ U--- P? L 3
    E? N+++ K-
    W--- M- !V -po+ Y+ t+ !5 !j>-- R G? tv- b+ D++ B- e+>e--- n* h--
    f+ r+++
    n++(!) z* ___________________________ sandor@laura.xs4all.nl [dbase sux]
                  ISBN number on a pudding cup: 242140

Back to index