Re: First Post Attempt

Article: 7372 of alt.hackers
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
From: ngoodman@soliton.physics.arizona.edu (Noah Goodman)
Subject: Re: First Post Attempt
Sender: news@galileo.physics.arizona.edu (C-news)
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 1995 16:13:47 GMT

Well, I guess I'll give a shot to posting too...

ObHack:
 A while back some friends and I were trying to keep a game on the
computers in our school's computer lab, but they kept deleting them.
After failing at just hiding them in an obscure directory, we decided
to make it impossible to remove them. Simple, use a hex edit to rename
the delete command in command.com! (To be more subtle we later rewrote
attrib so that they couldn't  -r our games...)
-N

gone

Back to index