VAX email

Article: 7525 of alt.hackers
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
From: phydeaux@emerald.princeton.edu (David Weingart)
Subject: VAX email
Sender: news@Princeton.EDU (USENET News System)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 1995 18:53:07 GMT

Not knowing enough about the VAX, when a friend of mine asked me this,
I couldnt' answer.  Said friend is getting harassing email from a former
lover and wants to bounce ONLY that email back, letting all others pass
through.

My first thought was get a new account, and then set up a vacation program
in the .forward that will pass messages belong to everye BUT the
ex lover, which will be bounced back with the obligatory "I'm sorry, but
the number you have reached is not in service" error message.

BUT...I don't know enough VAX/VMS to know if that's possible, and the
friends sys admin doesn't either.

So, here's my question, hackers:  Is there a vacation program and .forward
equivalent in VAX/VMS?  Can anyone point me to an FTP site wher I can get the
code, if soo?

Obhack:  Implementing the above on a _real_ UNIX box.  OK, so it's lame,
         but it works

--
73 de Dave Weingart  KB2CWF
Personal: phydeaux@emerald.princeton.edu