Re: No User Servicable Parts - was Re: A Breach of trust with a laptop

Article: 7521 of alt.hackers
From: cpierce1@ed7590.pto.ford.com (Clinton Pierce (R))
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers,alt.hackers
Subject: Re: No User Servicable Parts - was Re: A Breach of trust with a laptop
Date: 16 Mar 1995 16:41:30 GMT

In article <3k7bv1$s0@illuminati.io.com>, marlowe@io.com (marlowe)
writes:
|> Bill Sudbrink (bill@umsa7.umd.edu) wrote:
|>
|> > Ahhh...  Yes, I never go anywhere without my set of security Torx
|> > bits.
|>
|> Now something hard to find are drivers for those idiot screws with the
|> two holes on top. I'd love to have a set of those.

ObHack: To open the wall plate with the telephone wiring in a dorm room at
NMSU, I figured out that a dinner fork (lifted, then replaced) from the
cafeteria was PERFECT.  The tines had to be bent a bit, but otherwise it
worked great.

--
    Clinton A. Pierce       |    "If you rush a Miracle Man     |  \ / \ /

gone gone gone gone gone

Back to index