Just Do It

Article: 7742 of alt.hackers
From: crichton@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Mark Crichton)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Just Do It
Date: 29 Apr 1995 19:10:21 -0500

ObLameHack:  This post...it's my first one.

ObGS/OSHack:  A friend of mine was finding new and uninteresting ways to cause
old GS to crash.  Most of them were based around a STP command in the boot
block.  Worse, he was being cocky about how k001 he was in doing that.

Soooo......
I fired up ORCA/M and wrote a GS/OS init file.  All it did was the following:
1.  Trap the Disk Insert of the Apple 3.5 drives
2.  Wait for a little while.
3.  Send a command to the Apple 3.5 driver to eject the disk.
Was able to drop the file on his system disk and volia...instant "disk
barfing"
Put him in his place very quickly (he needed it).

Ahh, the good 'ol days.

-M.M.
mmarker@expert.cc.purdue.edu

http://expert.cc.purdue.edu/~mmarker