Printing with Linux...

Article: 8499 of alt.hackers
From: davef@PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_DOMAIN_FILE (Dave Frascone)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Printing with Linux...
Date: 31 Aug 1995 16:35:33 GMT

Someone posted a linux script a while back, and I lost it.  It allowed
you to print to a novell print server throught the linux DOSEMU.  Please
either re-post it, mail it, or point me to it.

Damn, now I need an OB hack...

Back when cases were expensive, and chips were not, the newest rage was
to have a digital display with your Mhz printed on it.  Sooo....I built one.
Now, they are really hard to configure, with wierd jumper settings that look
strangely like Karnough(sp?) maps.  Mine used two simple 8 bit switch boxes.
One was for the slow speed, and one for the fast.  I ran a single wire to the
signal side of the turbo led, and viola, a cool case just like all the rich
boys.

P.S.  If you play with the 7 segment leds, don't hook them up wrong, you will
never get the smell out of your room...

Dave

 Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work in any form,
 in whole or in part. Copyright (c), David Frascone, 1995. License to
 distribute this work is available to Microsoft for $1000. Posting without
 permission constitutes an agreement to these terms. Please send notices of
 violation to Postmaster@microsoft.com and davef@glenatl.glenayre.com

Back to index