Re: ! A A*** ATTN: MASTER CRACKERS! EARN ETERNAL FAME ***

Article: 8920 of alt.hackers
From: seebs@solutions.solon.com (Peter Seebach)
Newsgroups: alt.cracks,alt.binaries.wares.ibm-pc,alt.hackers
Subject: Re: ! A A*** ATTN: MASTER CRACKERS! EARN ETERNAL FAME ***
Date: 22 Oct 1995 20:30:43 -0500

In article <46c8vs$s7a@blackice.winternet.com>,
caMel <camel@winternet.com> wrote:
>TRUE hackers will only hack the products AFTER they are
>released for massive sale to the public -- not before  What's the
>point of helping a company become hack-free?  Hackers like that are
>only defeating their purpose in life.  I don't know of any hackers
>that want to help a company release a hack-proof product (unless
>they've sold their soul to the dark-side).

The great thing about this is how *stupid* you look talking about "true
hackers" when you obviously mean crackers, who are wannabes of the worst
sort; they're trying so hard, and they aren't even aiming at the goal
they think they are.

It is trivially impossible to produce unbreakable security.  All you can
do is produce security that's harder to break than to put up with.

>Hackers didn't get to be hackers by being stupid and gullable. You'll
>never know the names or even the existence of the best hackers, that's
>why they're the best.

Bullshit.  We know the names of the best hackers.  Dennis Ritchie.
Rob Pike.  Eric Allman.  People who know more about computing than the
top ten black-masked unknown EL!TEZ you so proudly talk about put
together.

>Always in the very distant backgrounds, ready to
>beat the last foolish MARKETED release.  Money or fame means nothing
>to them. TRUE-HACKERS are "NOT FOR SALE". Money and fame are base
>(low-value) rewards.  Someday you too will learn this, Grasshopper.

True hackers are, arguably, not for sale.  But they aren't wasting their
time proving that they can break other people's toys; they're making
things.

If you need a penis extension, go to a sex store.  Hacking isn't about power,
or fame, or being better than everyone else.  It's about understanding,
creation, and making everyone else better.

And someday you, too, will get a life.

ObHack: Entering a program in the IOCCC that was too large, and (I believe...)
doing it so it's a legal entry.  Can't say how until I get confirmation...

-s
--
Peter Seebach - seebs@solon.com || seebs@intran.xerox.com --
C/Unix proto-wizard -- C/Unix questions? Send mail for help.  No, really!

gone gone

Child

Back to index