Re: alt.hacker ???

Article: 8402 of alt.hackers
From: rob Coles <Rob@lloyney.demon.co.uk>
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: alt.hacker ???
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 95 18:38:47 GMT

In article <1995Aug1.201937.16294@ccc.amdahl.com>
           jbs30@eng.amdahl.com "Joel Storm" writes:

> Anybody know where "alt.hacker" (no "s") came from?
This group just
> appeared at my site today.  Was it created by disgruntled peopled who
> couldn't figure out how to post here?
   Probably... to find who exactly get the file alt.hacker.Z
from the directory usenet/control/alt/ on ftp.uu.net

ObHack:
   I coded an auto-reply mailbox on my system using ms-batch, a utility I
had written in C, another utility I coded in ASM and a debug script that
modified a data file, and yes.. it worked.. provided that is I only got one
request per session! I ran it for about a week before coding a proper version
in C, which I`m still using, see pgp key below.

--
      *

gone

Back to index