Re: MAKE MONEY ON THE INFO-HIWAY!!!!!!!

Article: 8004 of alt.hackers
From: u943961@student.canberra.edu.au (Mah / Nicholas (MGM))
Newsgroups: alt.hackers,alt.aol-sucks
Subject: Re: MAKE MONEY ON THE INFO-HIWAY!!!!!!!
Date: 12 Jun 1995 07:23:10 GMT

Anyone think these the two most appropriate groups that this idiot could
have posted to ... :)

Urk .. I guess an ObHack's in order....

ObDumbSchoolGamesHack:

Back when I was at High school, we had to use Macintoshes (Some of us
felt it was a step down from the old //es, for some reason :) .. Anyway,
the best thing about them were a few of the games (Lode Runner in
particular). Unfortunately, our teacher would regularly prune them out of
our volumes (yeah yeah ... we COULD have kept everything on disk I
suppose), so once we found resedit, we'd change the icons of the various
executables to the file icon.

ObDumberSchoolGamesHack:

CS in year 9 was quite often boring, so I used to play Montezuma's
revenge, from time to time. The problem was the sound - Apple // sound
ain't the quietest thing, nor the least noticeable ... it was a matter of
surreptitiously sliding the top of the //e open a little, with a monitor
sitting on top of it, hooking my little finger under the sound cord, and
pulling the jumper off the prong. I guess that the sound could have been
poked out, but I didn't have access to the memory map at the time. ...
then came the IIGS, which made quietness rather easy, even if we weren't
allowed to fiddle with the control panel. Didn't stop me from making the
IIGS throw a Guru Meditation screen.

.. Then again the previous post didn't really warrant any more than this
<grin>

--OH.
--
That is the tale the women tell each other, in their private language, that
the men children are not taught, and that the old men are too wise to learn.

gone

Child

Back to index